New York - Where dreams are made


Those of you who follow me on Instagram will know that I have recently returned to the Big Apple! It is without a doubt my favourite place on earth, and I can safely say it's already completely stolen my heart! Our trip was a mix of sightseeing and shopping combined, and with Christmas just around the corner it added that little extra sparkle to an already magical trip.
We Flew with Delta & Virgin who are amazing to fly with, we were utterly spoiled with pillows, snuggly blankets, food, treats and drinks which made the time pass by so quickly! Not to mention a hugely generous library of entertainment during our flight! Its safe to say when I book my next trip I will be flying with them... Only one more year to go!
We made the decision to book our city passes before we flew out to NYC, this gains you entry to so many sights without paying the full fees for entry! So I highly recommend that and also you beat the queues!
We made a cheeky little list of stores we wanted to visit whilst we were in the city, as expected I spent money far too quickly so I will be a little more organised with saving before my next visit! I did however return with $17 which has already been put aside eeee!
For those of you planning to visit new york I have a few recommendations for you -
Magnolia Bakery - Bill's Burgers - Bath & Body Works - Day & Night trips to the Empire State - Elf Studio - Macys - Dwaine Reade (you won't miss all 3,000,000 of them dotted around the city) also well worth popping into Forever 21 in Times Sq and the new Topshop on 5th! oh and of course Sephora! Sephora! Sephora! Making sure you drench your clothing in Victor & Rolf "flowerbomb" this became my scent of my trip! Also make the time to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and see the city at night from over the water, the tiny little cafes and restaurants are coated in fairy lights and it really was something magical watching New york Glittering away from a distance.
My only wish is that we had more time so I could visit the locations featured in Gossip Girl, however I just put this off until my next trip as we simply didnt have the time, and boy does it fly by. Yikes!
I think thats enough of my rambling! I am going to leave you with the photos from my trip and our stay at the Hilton Midtown!

Emy xoxo


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post! Looks like you had so much fun! :)

TutusandPearls.blogspot.con

The Traces of my Thoughts said...

It look's like you had an amazing time, I love the photos! I so want to go, one day!

www.atouchofpastels.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'm going to new York in April, so this was really helpful! Sounds like you had a great time x

http://sn0wflakess.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

 

Instagram

Facebook

Meet The Author